The next phase should be done is to determine the measure and dimensionfor all the necessary information management . Measure the numerical data to search for traces of its value, while the dimension is a parameter or point of view of the measure so as to define a transaction.
For example, for information on “goods of the most widely sold in certain locations throughout the year”,
- Measure : total sales
- Dimension : goods, year (time / period), location
As for the information “goods where most revenue throughout the year”,
- Measure : Total revenue
- Dimension : goods, year (time / period)
Dimension has a hierarchy. Determination of the hierarchy for dimension is entirely dependent on the drill down and roll-ups who want dilakukaan while doing OLAP (OnLine Analythical Processing) later.
For the above example, hierarchy of each dimension are:
- Returns: name of goods, sub-categories, category
- Period: week, month, year
- Location: village, district, city